Want a beautiful pen made from aeronautical grade titanium?
Your luxury dreams have become a reality.
Pagnotta Design has started a crowdfunding campaign to promote and sell their unique writing instrument, which they claim is the world’s first additively manufactured production Titanium pen. The features of this piece of art include:
– Form: smooth body is evocative of a drop of liquid alloy in motion or a sensual Brâncusi sculpture;
– Ergonomic: optimally weighted and balanced, can be held ambidextrously anywhere along its unique “pinch” points;
– Function: minimal body + capless Schmidt P 8126 cartridge system = the sublime writing experience;
– Green Technology: additive manufacturing produces near zero carbon footprint –up to 95% less waste than traditional pen manufacturing processes;
– Next Generation Metal 3D Printing: Electron Beam Melting used to manufacture highly complex componentry for aerospace, military, and Formula One applications;
– Unique Finishes: available in Satin (highlighting titanium’s natural warmth), and Mirror (showcasing a smooth, reflective polish);
– Limited Edition: each pen is laser etched with logo and unique serial number
The intention of designing this pen was to create something that would instantly capture a persons attention, whilst offering an ergonomic shape which feels as though the pen morphs to the shape of the users hand.
Pagnotta Design have put hundreds of hours have gone into the design and development of the P22, and thousands of dollars into its prototyping. The cost to manufacture a single pen is just under US$1,000. P22’s successful launch on Kickstarter is a game changer by enabling enthusiasts the opportunity to purchase this innovative pen at a fraction of the cost (prices start at US$170).
P22’s crowdfunding campaign ends on 22th July 2016: thttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/969974524/the-p22-pen .
About Pagnotta Design
Pagnotta Design’s iconic works have been showcased at TriBeCa Issey Miyake, MoMA Store, The Museum of Contemporary Art in Miami, The Yale University Art Gallery, and the Wexner Center for the Arts, among other venues globally. As a materials explorer and innovator, founder Giovanni Pagnotta’s collections, including the carbon fiber Prototype series and thermoplastic Mi Chair, have been lauded by countless publications such as The New York Times, Architectural Digest, Architectural Record, Details, Dwell, Interior Design, and Surface, to name just a few, as well as prominent tomes Design Now, 1000 Masterpieces of Modern Design, and The Essence of Cool, among others. Private clients, collaborations, and custom installations include notable brands such as Chanel, Herman Miller, Tecno, and Artemide. For more information, visit http://pagnottadesign.com