The team at CreateAll are launching a Kickstarter campaign today for their all printing, all cutting and milling machine: the Versa3D. The desktop machine is designed to fulfill all fabrication and prototyping needs, incorporating a 3D printer with laser cutting and milling attachments.
The Versa3D has a large build volume and going from 3D printing to laser cutting is as simple as changing a tool head. The firmware allows for this easy transition between modes to happen in just minutes.
The Versa3D has a print volume of 11.8 x 11.8 x 8.7 in. or 1,211 cubic inches. This is an extremely large amount considering the desktop design. It’s also fast, with speeds of 300mm/s for large prints. In order to make this happen, the Versa3D uses a rack and pinion drive system for high torque and speed. The frame uses v-wheel movement for smooth and fluid motion. The printer is able to achieve high printing speeds while maintaining high quality.
It was important to CreateAll for this machine to be easy to use no matter what experience level the consumer had. This is why the Versa3D incorporates wireless printing, automated bed leveling and edge finding, drag and drop onboard slicing, and quick change tool heads. All of these features make it easy for anyone to create. In the past, people relied on machine shops and fabrication labs to produce prototypes and custom parts using multiple machines.
- Dual Extruders. The Versa3D incorporates two E3D™ all-metal extruders into the design. This allows for the ultimate experimentation with filaments. 3D print soluble support material or print in two colors.
- Powerful Spindle. The spindle is a powerful 300W motor that is virtually silent when running. This allows for use on a desktop without the noise of other router heads.
- Laser. The 2500mW laser gives you the power to cut and engrave a wide variety of materials.
- Wireless Control. The ability to control and monitor the machine from your smartphone or tablet.
- Onboard Slicing. Not only is the machine wireless, it is as easy as drag and drop. Truly simple no matter what your previous experience.
- Automated Setup. Keeping the machine simple for users was important. CreateAll incorporated a lidar sensor to automatically level the build surface as well as edge find for CNC milling.
- Build Plate. A 3D printer is only as good as it’s first layer. Incorporated is the BuildTak™ surface to ensure maximum adhesion for printing.
- Rigidity and Speed. The machine is built from structural aluminum framing for rigidity. The rack and pinion design allows for speed and accuracy no matter what tool.
- Precision. With repeatability of 0.008″, precision is no question.
- Assembled and Tested. The Versa3D ships fully assembled and tested.
A Kickstarter early bird pledge of $2,999 (US) will get you the machine with one of the attachments. While this seems a bit steep, the fact that this is essentially 3 machines rolled into one makes the price tag a bit easier to understand. Unfortunately shipping is only within the US at the moment, but hopefully that will change in the future.
About the CreateAll Team
When this project idea was born 3 years ago, it was a small team of passionate individuals working on the design, mechanics and electronics that made the various prototypes of the Versa3D. This machine was built by makers who are motivated by design and interested in the future of digital fabrication. With the overwhelming success of their machine built and running, CreateAll are excited to see what other makers and fabricators will do with this device.