One of the latest additions to 3D Systems’ consumer range was previewed at the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Now, the iSense 3D Scanner for iPad is now available for pre-orderwith shipments due to commence in the second half of July. Powered by 3D Systems’ Sense 3D scanning software, the iSense is enabled for complete integration with the Cube range of consumer and prosumer 3D printers. The device is designed for physical 3D photography on the go, allowing users to capture and 3D print their most memorable moments.
Powered by 3D Systems’ Sense software, the iSense gives the user freedom to scan anything in three dimensions. The iSense scans wirelessly to simplify the visual capture process and provides a complete scan in seconds, according to the company. The device is designed to allow the user to access high quality scans whilst not needing to remain stationary, so no standing still when the moment does not allow it. By attaching the iSense to an iPad, the user can walk around and scan entire objects or whole environments obtaining a digital copy of the real thing.
A quick run down of the new 3D scanner in brief:
- Transforms your iPad into a mobile physical photography camera
- Easy and intuitive to use
- With quick cropping, enhancement and solidifying tools
- Captures items as small as a shoe and as large as an SUV
- Powered by popular Sense software
- Cubify platform interoperability
- Compatible with iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPad 4 with Retina display